- 2 large, ripe mangoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sambal, hot pepper sauce, or 1 red jalapeno, stemmed and minced
- Juice of 3 limes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound mesclun
- 4 medium whole chicken breasts with skins on
Pacific Echo Brut
|Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa
Prepare an outdoor grill and heat to hot, or preheat a large grill pan or the broiler. Spray the grill with nonstick spray or coat the grill pan with 1 tablespoon of grapeseed or canola oil.
Grill or broil chicken, turning once, until the skin is brown and crispy and the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a fork, 8 to 12 minutes.
Remove chicken from grill.
Toss mesclun with the juice of the remaining lime and place on serving platter.
Slice chicken breasts on the diagonal and arrange over the greens, topping with mango salsa.
In a large, nonreactive bowl, combine the mangos, onions, ginger, sambal, and the juice of two limes, and mix gently. Season with salt and pepper. Use or refrigerate.